Asus ROG Centurion 7.1 Surround Headset — USB
ROG Centurion is a premium true 7.1 surround-sound gaming headset with 10 discrete drivers for sensational audio and precise positioning, and a noise-cancelling digital microphone for crystal-clear in-game voice communication.
The headset features a Hi-Fi-grade ESS headphone amplifier to deliver realistic and impactful audio that makes games come alive. The included plug-and-play USB audio station gives you instant, full control of your audio experience for superior sound and an undeniable edge in the battlefield.
- Hi-Fi grade headphone amplifier for true-to-life gaming audio - ROG Centurion comes with an external control box that works exactly like a sound card and features a hi-fi-grade ESS amplifier — the world's highest performance headphone amplifier — to improve audio performance even further for brilliant, balanced sound when gaming and listening to music.
- Full and powerful audio control - Sonic Studio also includes controls for Sonic Radar Pro, a unique feature that precisely maps in-game sounds — such as footsteps and gunshots — and displays them on an on-screen overlay, so gamers can pinpoint their enemies for a competitive advantage in first-person shooters.
- Ultimate comfort - Large interchangeable ear cushions and optimal clamping force - To fit each gamer's unique preference, ROG Centurion comes with both ultra-soft, full-size memory foam and highly-breathable protein leather ear cushions. Additionally, the headband employs an optimised clamping force based on lab testing using a wide range of head types to further improve wearing comfort.
- Convenient in-game audio adjustments - Plug-and-play USB audio station - Hold total control in your hand with the ROG Centurion USB plug-and-play audio station, a USB sound card that also provides effective environmental noise cancellation (ENC) technology, brilliant game-audio spectrum profiles, and a headphone amplifier. Its dedicated, switch-operated speaker output jack even lets you easily switch audio output from headset to speakers without unplugging your headset.
- Dedicated volume controls for each channel and microphone - Different games may use various recording methods, so the balance of each channel might be affected and need to be adjusted. ROG Centurion provides dedicated volume controls for each surround channel, so gamers can fine-tune the balance without hassle.
- Four game-audio spectrum profiles - With four custom game-audio profile settings, you can enjoy the best audio performance for a variety of game genres, including first-person shooter (FPS), racing, action, and role-playing games (RPGs). Choose the suitable game-audio profile to boost critical audio details instantly. Aggressive wheel-drift effects put you right in the middle of the race track, and enhanced footsteps and gunfire sounds mean you'll pinpoint enemies more quickly and with exceptional precision.
- Filters out more than 90% of environmental noise - The USB audio station features a built-in microphone that actively detects and counters more than 90%* of environmental noise, such as mechanical keyboard tapping and speech, so your friends aren't distracted in chat by noises occurring around you.
*Connect via USB to activate the Environmental noise cancellation (ENC) feature. The ENC performance result is tested and verified in ASUS lab, and actual performance may vary depending on distance from noise source, room size, placement and other factors.
Omnidirectional vs. Unidirectional
Omnidirectional mics pick up ambient sounds from all directions, which can be problematic for your team members on comms. The Unidirectional mics will cut out most background noise and give greater clarity but can be less sensitive.
Overall, we recommend Unidirectional as the safest bet for the competitive player.