VP278H 27” Full HD monitor with 100,000,000:1 high contrast ratio, ASUS-exclusive SplendidPlus and VividPixel technologies are optimized for the finest image and color quality. This approach extends to the sturdy stand and slim profile without compromising style in ensuring stability and durability.
- 100,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio: Dynamically enhances the display’s contrast by adjusting the luminance of the backlight to achieve the darkest black and brightest white – delivering lifelike images.
- 1ms Quick Response Time: 1ms (GTG) quick response time eliminates ghosting and tracers for more fluid video playback.
- ASUS-exclusive GamePlus Technology: When it comes to design, ASUS always has customers in mind – the ASUS VP278H features the ASUS-exclusive GamePlus hotkey with crosshair and timer functions. Gamers can select four different crosshair types to suit the gaming environment; while the latter keeps players aware of the elapsed time in real-time strategy games. These tools allow gamers to practice and improve on their gaming skills.
- VividPixel Technology for Best Picture Quality: ASUS VividPixel Technology helps enhance image outlines and reduce noise bars for crystal-clear and detail-oriented viewing.
- Protect Your Eyes with ASUS Eye Care Technology: The VP278H has undergone stringent performance tests and is certified by TÜV Rheinland laboratories, a global provider of technical, safety, and certification services, to be flicker-free and to emit low blue light levels.
- Flicker-free Technology: Say goodbye to tired, strained eyes. The VP278H features the TÜV Rheinland-certified ASUS Flicker-Free technology designed to reduce flicker for a comfortable viewing experience. This minimizes instances of eyestrain and other damaging effects when you spend long, countless hours in front of a display.
- ASUS Blue Light Filter: The VP278H also comes with the TÜV Rheinland-certified ASUS Blue Light Filter to protect you from harmful blue light; a new OSD menu lets you easily access and select four different filter settings onscreen.
Monitors are better for competitive gaming than TVs, as they have a much lower response time (you'll be able to see and react to in-game action faster!).