"Here's a gaming headset you'll actually want to wear out"
"SteelSeries has outdone itself and the competition this time."
SteelSeries went back to the drawing board for the Arctis range, aiming to change the way we look and think about gaming headsets as a whole. Each headset has the same speaker drivers in their award winning $300 flagship headset providing ultra-low distortion that rivals headphones that cost triple the price.
Arctis 5 features RGB illumination, Game/Chat audio balance, and DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround. Read on for more details..
- Lightweight Design - Constructed to be so light that you will forget you're wearing them.
- Prism RGB Illumination - Personalize your lighting effects with 16.8 million different colors. Each earcup can be customized individually with effects such as breathe, color shift and more.
- DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound - Enter a virtual 3D environment with the most accurate placement of audio cues.
- S1 Audio Driver - Engineered to deliver the most balanced soundscape with excellent clarity.
- On-Ear Audio Controls - No more alt-tabbing, easily control your volume and mute directly on your headset.
- Multi-Platform and Mobile-Ready - Play on every platform and take it with you wherever you go.
Earcups – Leather will give you a nice comfortable feel but watch out for the sweat. Soft sponge-like material are common and can be very durable, but then again, they aren’t leather :).
Headbands – Avoid any without padding, as these will become pretty uncomfortable very quickly. The only exception to this is the ski mask type of headband.